Bicentennial Fly-in Port Bucyrus
Crawford County Airport
October 16, 2021
Join us for a Fly-In at the Port Bucyrus Airport. Featuring a pancake breakfast by the Bucyrus Kiwanis/Rotary Clubs, tours of the “Champaign Gal” B-25, helicopter rides, presentations and films and much more!
RAIN OR SHINE!
Schedule of Events
Airport Open from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Rotary/Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast – 8:00 AM to Noon – Hord Hanger
Meal tickets are $5, Parking is $5 per car, with in/out privileges
- 11:30 AM till 4:00 PM – Bratwurst Sandwiches, Hot Dogs, soft drinks, Kettle Corn and other food – Hord Hanger – Sons of American Legion – Post 181
- 10:00 AM – FAASTeam presentation – Basic Med – Ballou Skies Aviation T-Hanger
- 11:00 AM – Lauretta Schimmoler presentation – Peg Ballou – Ballou Skies Aviation T-Hanger
- 12:00 Noon – Parachute Nurses – film including Lauretta Schimmoler – Ballou Skies Aviation T-Hanger
- 1:00 PM – FAASTeam presentation – Drones – Ballou Skies Aviation T-Hanger
- 2:00 PM – Lauretta Schimmoler presentation – Peg Ballou – Repeat – Ballou Skies Aviation T-Hanger
- 3:00 PM – Parachute Nurses – film including Lauretta Schimmoler – Repeat – Ballou Skies Aviation T- Hanger
- 9:00 AM – B-25 Champaign Gal – arrival
- 9:30 AM till 2:30 PM – walk-through tours of B-25 – $5.00 per person donation.
- 3:00 PM – B-25 Champaign Gal – departure
- 9:00 AM till 4:00 PM RC Plane and Drone display
- 9:00 till 4:00 PM – Various displays of warbirds, corporate, and General Aviation airplanes
- 9:00 AM till 4:00 PM – Helicopter rides – there is a fee for this.
For folks flying in – Shuttle Bus running from 10:00 AM through 3:00 PM. It will run between the airport, The Copper Kettle Works (tours), Coopers Market, Pickwick Place, and Crossroads Candles. There will be a $5 per person fee for this with unlimited riding. Children under 5 Free.
Bucyrus has some educational, fun, entertaining places to see while you are visiting our community. For those flying in, a great place to visit and have a unique experience.
The shuttle buses will run continually from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM, about 30 minutes between stops. There will be numerous stops along the way to include the following:
The Bucyrus Copper Kettle Works Ltd. – to the best of our knowledge the last place in the world making hammered copper kettles using the same processes they employed over 100 years ago. It is a unique step back in time. This is the link to their website: https://www.bucyruscopperkettle.com/
The Great American Crossroads Mural – (at the back of the Bucyrus Copper Kettle Works Ltd.) Created by Eric Grohe of Marysville, Washington, it is a spectacular look back into the history of our community. This is a link to more info about the mural: https://bucyrusohio.com/great-american-crossroads-mural-by-artist-eric-grohe/
Cooper’s Mill – A fun shopping experience for in their outlet store for jellies, jam, apple butter, BBQ sauces and all kinds of fun things. Lots of fun things to see and purchase. This is a link to their website: https://www.coopers-mill.com/
The Pickwick Place – This could be your whole day. There is THE MARKET with locally grown produce, locally made salad dressings, cooking seasonings, salsa, maple syrup, and all kinds of fun things to use in your kitchen. Then there is THE STALLS with 100’s of hand-crafted items and it goes on forever. This is a link to their website: https://thepickwickplace.com/
Crossroads Candles Factory Store – Bucyrus – A visit to the factory store is a treat. Candles of every scent you can imagine, home décor items, clothing, handbags, skincare, and lots more. A fun place to visit and lots of things to look view. This is a link to their website: https://crossroadscandles.com/factory-store/
Other displays and activities throughout the day.
Questions or need additional information contact:
B2 Commission Member
Phone – 419-563-4551 (Cell)